Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Choice

Listen to "The Choice" on Spreaker. The one thing missing from people's lives are those truth filled moments of testifying. That's such a church thing to say right? I'm not talking about that portion of the world. Testifying to yourself. Knowing the depth of the journey and finding victory in what's been labeled a struggle or tumble. On this podcast I go back nearly three years to a moment in the daily writing where the author has kept true to taking note of how growth endlessly feels like a failure but only by way making the choice. If people knew the power they hold by making the right choice there wouldn't be the cramping found in so many lifestyles. Through choice I've been able to live mindfully in the present. What does that mean? My past is the past. The only thing I can do with it is rewrite it but I choose not to because someone will come along and very loudly shout, "Oh hec no that isn't the way it went down." Why waste the energy? Through the power of choice I also keep myself from over planning or putting too much juice in visions of the future. I blew that game in the 1980's and 90's when I sank my entire life into trying to become that radio disc jockey in California. Everything I did on the path was trying to shape that story which never came into being. Therefore I've had to make the choice to be forgiving of the creative mind that isn't going to get that time back. It's an uphill battle to live in the presence of "Now." Once you begin to feel it the realization of choice becomes every reason to see your image in victory rather than an ongoing gut feeling of defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment