Friday, February 1, 2019

Penetrate The Walls

Listen to "Penetrate The Walls" on Spreaker. People ask me all the time what my favorite book is. This isn't conceited but I love reading my daily journals from years past. He's a fricken nut job! There's drama, adventure, questions that demand answers and oh wow moments that inspire and influence this present moment. I laugh out loud and still find reason to put energy inside a tube of argument. On this podcast I step back to July 11, 2016 and experience a single paragraph that totally ignites the Southern Preacher in me and I aint even a preacher. But damn if it doesn't take the essence of why I write and slip it into a pair of modern day shoes. There's not a person on this planet that doesn't face a mountain or wall. Those dark spots are so bright that we become blinded by a lack of trust, belief and strength. I heard an interview with actor/comedian David Alan Grier yesterday where he bared his path of failure. He talked openly about crying, fearing and not having one inch of energy to think about anything but being negative. Sounds like a show most would tune out of. I couldn't! Each of us are teachers. We experience because one day a student will learn. Don't walk around that wall or mountain. Don't dig below it. Get your butt off that thing you aren't going over it. Penetrate the wall. Move through your bad day. Move through that area of your life that carries so much weight that time is no longer worth participating with. Penetrate the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment