Thursday, January 30, 2020

Un Peace Filled

Listen to "Un Peace Filled" on Spreaker. Dwayne The Rock Johnson recently shared his inner core with Oprah during her national tour. His greatest challenge on a daily basis is being himself. I stopped what I was doing. Thought deeply not only on my reaction to it but how I was reacting to it. Being a daily writer has put me in some mind blowing places of growth, disconnection, pain, spiritual presence and forgiveness. Dwayne's greatest challenge on a daily basis is being himself. I write everyday so that others may one day write. To be there means being myself. If you're anything else then the writing takes a left turn and becomes a distraction. On my podcast Poetic Elevation there are several different types of episodes. I run the podcast like a network. The goal is to create several different layers of expressions. The Choice comes from the daily writing dating back four years. The Daily Mess reaches into the chapters of 2002. One day I'd love to do a podcast that grabs from the 1990's. There's a process on each of our walks but if we don't turn them into tools to help others grow the journey feels disconnected from the accountability required. I didn't know in July of 1994 that I'd still be writing in 2020. I didn't know myself to be myself in 2002. I thought I did. In going back to the pages the evidence clearly shows a traveler seeking something other than what he was recognized for. Do you feel that way? How do you challenge yourself to be yourself daily if you don't know yourself? Society has you labeled to be this. Your family and friends think you're this. I take great pride in those moments when my wife asks me about things that have happened somewhere in the past 26 years. I go to the journals. I study the patterns before during and after. On this podcast I wrap things up with a simple thought, "As I near 60 I know who I want to be. That person that's approached by the angry, hurt and lost who can't understand why I don't share the same expressions." My only comment, "I've lost a lot of energy being where you are. I don't want to be un peace filled."

No comments:

Post a Comment