Friday, January 3, 2020

Never Called To What You Can't Do

Listen to "Never Called To What You Can't Do" on Spreaker. The title alone challenges me. I look at it and feel prepared to take it on. It says, "You can't achieve." Or at least as a reader that's how I interpret the headline. You'll never hear me say I wasn't called to be a hardcore award winning martial artist. I accepted the challenge and made my way through the levels of change and continue to grow with it spiritually. As I celebrate my 41st year in broadcasting I openly admit there were many times along the trail that I was extremely upset with my reasons for staying true to the industry. Lets be extremely honest here. Your job is no different from anyone else's. It always looks great from the outside but once you start working and creating within its avenues of success and failure your every decision is going to be based on the involvement of output. Which means what? On this Podcast we jump into a pool of reality, Adjusting to the surroundings of who you really are and not what you think you are. The funniest thing about getting older is how much clearer you become by way of forgiving the trips, stumbles and landslides you assumed were the end of all things good. We all hold the images of who we once were and how we dreamed so hard that your stomach ached every night because you weren't making it as far as you thought. July of 1994 I was visiting Santa Barbara, California. Hurting. Not because of the razor blade cuts on my arms but man my insides were locked in on being a total failure. I walked into a book store. Hit the isles looking for nothing and found something. The Artist Way from Julia Cameron. Through tremendous study and patience I was able to recognize how important it is to all of us to find the inner child and listen to him or her. You are never going to be called to what you can't do. We make choices. We decide that we are going to become. We push ourselves until we can't breathe. We scream out late late at night. Then one morning you wake up and realize the difference between what we want and what we are called to do are universes away from making a true connection. Let go. Stop chasing what's killing you from the inside out. Until you begin a journey of daily writing you'll never know who you really are. Only a dream away from another dream linked to another dream then another. Where is your reality? You're never gonna be called to what you can't do. Bosses put you in front of a can't do situation a billion times a year. You're convinced though that you can do it. Then something breaks. You won't get that time back. Put your energy in what you can do. Watch yourself grow forward. Document it in your daily writing. Teach it to someone tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment