Monday, January 27, 2020

Guilt Trips

Listen to "Guilt Trips" on Spreaker. As children growing up in a house full of eight we did a lot of guilt tripping to get somewhere "I'm gonna tell Mom if you don't let me go first." I wish someone in middle or high school would've put some focus on how we end up moving through life attached to a personal guilt trip. How often in your present place are your decisions and choices linked to a self delivered guilt trip? On this podcast I talk about a recent one. Those moments when you stop and take a swing at your heart. What's worse is that you begin to feel like the entire world can see what you're going through! Moving through a self created guilt trip requires more than awareness. You've got to whip out a can of forgiveness and understanding. Mine was attached to an evolution of changes that moved through the way I was getting my God on. While sitting in the chairs at church I'd write and write and write until the Worship band took over. It became a huge must do because its amazing to see what's moving through you while preparing to receive. Then I discovered something that put these feet on a different path. Technology! Because I'm a huge note taker I honestly felt like I was missing a lot of the message. Guilt trip. So I began studying the word at home via the church app. I could rewind back to those moments just to make sure I heard something right. It became clearer to me as a note taker that this was the best place for me to build. I still wrote on Sundays during those 15 minutes before the sermon. Didn't skip a beat. Didn't want to face the guilt trip. Then it happened. I took a job that put me at work during what was once my studies. Getting the word was now moved to Monday Tuesday or Wednesday. Guilt trip. The writing for 15 mins beforehand stopped. Cuz it was all about taking notes! Not being a free spirit thinker whose soul needed to be prepared first. Guilt trip. Awareness sets in. Change is allowed to become the process. Forgiveness. Understanding. A willingness to grow forward without a guilt trip. Pay attention to those moments in your life where you feel great without a cup of coffee or Red Bull. Take note of how often they take place. If it's happening more and more. Invite yourself to write about what's moving through you in that moment. You'll be amazed at how incredible your imagination is when it's allowed to connect with something you can see or smell but its being felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment