Thursday, January 2, 2020

Strength Comes From Interviewing The Interviewer

Listen to "Strength Comes From Interviewing The Interviewer" on Spreaker. To become great at interviewing people you've got to put yourself in situations where you too will be interviewed. Then go back and study how you acted and reacted to each question as it was delivered. It teaches the creative mind to be aware of not only what your guests are saying but how they are laying out their thoughts. Be a better listener because it leads to a greater connection. On this podcast we travel through my daily writing to October of 2016. I was about to have a conversation with NFL quarterback Tim Tebow. To prepare for the openness that I knew Tim would bring I put myself in front of others that asked me questions. His book was faith based and that meant as the interviewer I couldn't hold back on openly talking about a relationship with God. Although I show prepped the night before I needed to be ready for every direction we could possibly go without buckling. Religion is a very tough subject for some to talk about. I didn't want to come across as one of them. Therefore I trained by allowing others to publicly interview me before I stepped into a conversation with Tim. I not only documented but nearly four years later we are still learning from it. The podcast also includes that talk with Mr. Tebow.

No comments:

Post a Comment