Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Where Did It Go Man

Listen to "Where Did It Go Man" on Spreaker.My father would always thump me upside the head and clearly ask, "What were you thinking?" He hated it when I'd reply, "I don't know. I didn't have time to take notes." I didn't start doing that until 32 years into this journey. Daily writing. Asking the questions. Locating paths of a better truth and not an assumed answer based on what a person remembers. On this podcast we hit it hard. What were you thinking? I go back to my writing of September 26, 2016. Nearly three years ago. The dude was sharply questioning why he let some dreams easily loosen from the vine and drop to the farmers floor. I think that's the one thing people don't grip. Vines. They endlessly produce. They latch onto trees, fences, buildings and more and they won't let go until they're ripped from the core of their present foundation. Your dreams, ambitions, wishful thoughts and curiosity deserve to have tenth and fifteenth chances. Just because the payoff isn't providing in this moment of now doesn't need to serve a purpose to bring down the vine. I don't know where vines start. I've studied my forest nearly 30 years and giggle like a child when the vine has pushed itself from nowhere to be stretched hundreds of feet to one particular limb of a tree. There were so many before it. But no. It had to be this one. Your vine. It's still there. All of those dreams. What's stopping you? The excuse I can't stand, "I don't have the time." But we always find the time to complain about life. What are you thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment