Thursday, September 19, 2019

Go Be A Rock

Listen to "Go Be A Rock" on Spreaker. I've always been an ideas guy. All the way back to my childhood. I'd spend endless hours in my bedroom coming up with ideas on how to improve something or completely pull it out from nowhere and begin to play. I failed a lot. So much so that I can still hear my classmates, "Stop trying to reinvent the wheel." It's just who I am. An Ideas guy. The very second I got into radio it was a totally out of control completely wild field of trying to make my own mark. I loved hosting countdowns and everything else that featured the stories of Rock stars. One program director told me that I was too much into my own ideas. He needed someone that played his game without any chances being made. I get that. I used it as fuel to continue feeding the fire. To build new ideas on stages that were quickly evolving without decision makers thinking they've already got that market covered. Hitting my first one million listens on the podcast. Holy crap! With no on air promoting. All out grassroots! An ideas guy. Stemming from a sentence handed to me I'm sure a million times. I just happen to document it on that particular day in September of 2016. I need you to be a rock. Buried in the dirt. Go teach people how to reach outward. Yeah just like that. It requires ideas to move a mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment