Tuesday, October 30, 2018

What Language Are You Using

Listen to "What Language Are We Speaking" on Spreaker. The other day a few words jumped out of my writing instrument that caught me off guard. We aren't speaking the same language. You, me, your neighbors and family. We're using our words but the listener and or receiver is relying on their interpretation to paint the photograph. On this podcast I openly admit that I've spent a lifetime doing all I could not to be looked upon as being a Bible Thumper. It's because I'm not qualified! I'm not good enough to wear the team jersey. I can't even be the water boy on the field with the real players. I do take a lot of notes while sitting in a circle of believers. A very good friend always wants me to send those notes to him. He says, "You hear things in the weekly messages then make it simple for me to understand." Interpretation. I feel horrible that he wrote that. I jot down what affects the moment. To grow from it. To heal in ways that books of motivation and empowerment can't touch. What's the language you're speaking? What's keeping you from being your truer leader self? There's something seriously wrong with who we are as a community. It all points back to a lack of communication. What if your voice is one of the lyrics missing from the song that helps heal? What language will you use to share it?

No comments:

Post a Comment