Thursday, October 11, 2018

Activation

Listen to "Activation" on Spreaker. The little things always open our eyes. My friend Todd recently celebrated his 20th wedding anniversary. Without too much thought I jotted down a note and sent it to him, "I truly enjoyed watching the two of you grow in love." Such an Arroe-ism. Watching you grow in love? It got me to think about the many things that each of us grow into. Radio people might showcase a few broadcasting skills when they first jump into the industry but it's a huge growing process. Learning to locate the right voice, timing and pace is a journey all its own. Growing into what we do is the subject on this podcast. We are students of the everyday. How many of us take physical notes? I don't write to right. I write so that others may one day do the same. Another Arroe-ism. I daily journal. I didn't know that one day keeping such tossed out thoughts would physically serve as lessons to build upon. No matter where your storm arrives, it carries with it a voice that will be required on a day you least expect sometimes 20 years into your chapters. Your shape was created by a need to be accepted and or a boss that commands you to make progress a money making entity. But who are you really? How much of your life is a physical act of Hidden Speak? You say things because its what others want and need from your present place.

No comments:

Post a Comment