Monday, October 8, 2018

Open Your Heart

Listen to "Open Your Heart" on Spreaker. The entire way. From your parents to teachers, coaches and preachers. You're endlessly being told to open your heart. The way of the world today. How long did it take for you to close the heart? To keep from the judgement, the fear, doubt and shame. I'm a Christian and I still have problems hearing people say, "God spoke directly into my heart." Shrugging my shoulders is my way of accepting their journey. Opening your heart helps build a stronger workplace environment. Your skills aren't called upon by bosses and coworkers to be sit in a jar by the door. I get how easy it is to find a reason to close up shop and just do the job. That isn't you. Over the past few years I've heard a lot of great employees openly admit, "I can't do it anymore. I love what I do. I just can't do it with the people I work with." Having that open heart with yourself is a cool conversation. How do you know it's the true voice of reason? Last week during a conversation with actress Paget Brewster we spoke about being able to multi task our way through a heavily layered entertainment industry. I asked about the voices of each place she plants her feet, "Is it one or are you like me, made of many?" Having an open heart to hone your skills in sports, work, the home life or a hobby is great place to walk. Knowing the voice behind it is often trusted too much and the way becomes lost. On today's podcast we talk about how removing the expectation actually helps identify the open heart. Being truthful with it's newly grown field of awareness will help you locate the awareness of accountability. That open heart is always going to be someone's target. Learn to protect it by never closing it. Know who that true voice is and keep it in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment