Friday, October 5, 2018

Can We Be One

Listen to "Can We Be One" on Spreaker. It's not a hidden fact that I find great joy in being a daily writer. It teaches many truthful lessons to my future self. Over the past couple of years I know my love for Christ as become more public. I just didn't know how far I had traveled. It explains though why so many have walked away from what I assume was a great relationship. Religion is like politics and talking about favorite teams in sports. Not everybody is into the Clemson Tigers. Without bringing up the news and or events of the everyday place and world we can all agree that we are a divided people. Every Friday and Saturday for 26 years my neighborhood gets together for dinner. No week has been missed. We are not the same. We have huge disagreements about everything. Yet each week we unite as one. We accept the walk and way of each others paths. I bring this up on the podcast not to brag about how this is a cool hangout. It's to open our thoughts and processes to inviting newer opportunities to be one. Make up the rules. Agree to disagree. Break bread in a moment of togetherness by letting people unite in welcoming everything that makes us different. No judgement. Openness. They know I'm a huge fan of God but they don't make it a reason to take off. It adds to the conversation. The depth of our travels together isn't a product purchased at Home Depot. It's a physical act of being ourselves. Now if we can only do this at work. Special circles and cliques have got to become more united. The bosses pet employee needs to be less of a spy and more of a motivator. Lets grow as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment