Monday, February 10, 2020

The Fog Bank

Listen to "The Fog Bank" on Spreaker. There's nothing worse than waking up and walking into huge thick fog bank. No matter how cold the shower or how much caffeine you've throw into your thinking system the fog bank refuses to set you free. Taking note of being in such a frame of mind requires an act of faith, effort, confidence and forgiveness. Working your way to the other side. Sadly the downside of a fog bank is how we've structured our reactions to them in the past. Instead of letting the momentary emotion move through us we've trained ourselves to act against them. To strike out against a fog bank usually starts with identifying it in front of family, friends and coworkers. We announce our arrival into the relationship with the weight of feeling like crud. Rather than being today's buzz kill its time to turn it around into a positive moment of giving it permission to sweep through your daily choices. You are the greatest judger of all things you do. Acknowledge you're in the fog bank slump without letting it take over. On this podcast I talk about how the results of last nights Oscars totally brutalized my thinking therefore I wouldn't allow myself to fall asleep. I did all I could to meditate but my mind body and soul wouldn't activate. Therefore I woke up this morning in a fog bank. The choice has been to bring the moment forward. To allow it to be heard. To grip it by removing the guilt trip. Because I allowed the Oscars to poison my late night the energy moving through me at 4 this morning wasn't healthy. The natural reaction is to strike out against yourself. Once I took note of that action the mission was to develop a better understanding of how being in the Now was greater than judging how vote casters at the Oscars totally missed the boat. I'm not in control of the results. Therefore why is so much energy being wasted on something totally out of my hands? Learning to find conversation with yourself is not an act hosted by an introvert. Your development of strength demands such talk. In this age of constant change you have to be willing to sit down with yourself and flat out call it out. Then make the best decision by recognizing how much energy is being wasted on something totally out of your hands. Fog banks are like highway mirages. They only exist if your imagination develops a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment