Monday, February 24, 2020

My Calling Versus A Calling

Listen to "My Calling Versus A Calling" on Spreaker. If you were to look into my Kindle the only books you'd see in the library are those connected to motivation, inspiration, religion, spirituality and whatever else helps you find focus and inner strength. It's always been my favorite thing to read! Which is probably why I sharply questioned what I put into my daily writing over the weekend. Without any thought suddenly the process was interrupted by these two words: My Calling. On any other day I probably wouldn't have been bothered by it. On this day though it was extremely loud inside my sources of creative energy. My calling? It came to me as being something I developed. You can't do that! It led me quickly to Dictionary.com. I needed a definition! Then I began reading articles about what a calling is and isn't. I found a ton of Bible versus which I chose not to put on this podcast because how I interpret the shared words and how you receive them totally take away from what preacher people call is a personal relationship. This wasn't about leading or teaching but rather trying to determine who what where and why I had put my calling inside the daily writing. Forty one years of Broadcasting isn't a calling. It's shaping a career. Twenty six years of daily writing isn't a calling. It's my discipline. All of this stems from the most recent books of motivation that have been read. The Universe Is Calling You from Char Margolis, the latest book from Trevor Moawad It Takes What It Takes then toss in my studies with Yoga Nidra and the mixture is perfectly ripe to be somewhat bothered by how I personalized a calling. So many people put a lot of focus on their plan and purpose. I've talked to many post 50 year old's that still believe they're working on locating that purpose. I ask a simple question on this podcast, "What if your purpose has already happened? What if that moment as to why you're here is actually doing what it was supposed to but we're so focused on callings and a purpose that we're blind to what's growing behind us? My reply to this? Get the attention off you and put it on another U... The universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment