Wednesday, February 19, 2020

A Better New Day

Listen to "A Better New Day" on Spreaker. I didn't get into daily writing because I loved to write. I was being weighed down by life. No place to hide. Yet it was all there communicating in a language I didn't recognize. My wife wanted me to get into Scientology. The nearest gathering a couple of hours from the house. She kept saying that a lot of creative people use their messages to make their way through the chapters. I couldn't do it. Growing up Christian was my reason. But I wasn't an activator. I attended a ton of band-aid churches. Not the big buildings on the corners but those hidden away in local schools and shopping centers. One problem. They were more interested in me running sound for the band and other creative requirements. Then I'd have to selfishly explain that I needed to fix me first then we'll talk. Julia Cameron's The Artist Way became my walk of life in the opening weeks of the summer of 1994. I've never stepped free of the lessons taught. To this very moment her valuable words bring forward the right decisions. Everything I do is because she took those languages I didn't understand and put them into words that not only motivated me but helped the creative self deal with every day changes and challenges. On this podcast we go back nearly four years where its physically clear on page two of the daily writing that the author is sharing the importance of having a spiritual relationship with himself. One problem. On page three he begins to question the presence. We all do! We bring forward the lessons we're taught only to find fault in the change. The change he couldn't explain was based on his faith. For several decades the openness of being a Christian was hardly ever visible on my sleeve. That all changed in 2012 when Steven Furtick opened the door to activate. What I didn't prepare for was the enormous amount of friends and family members that would leap away. Ghosted! Talking about it in the daily writing is the important part of the journey. Being truthful to the inner core of your presence is a discipline. Very easily we all turn. Acceptance is a human need. But at what cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment