Monday, March 13, 2017

Snow

Listen to "Snow" on Spreaker. Awareness is a valuable tool to hold onto. Openly and faithfully I admit that such a seed popped in my head and heart during my years of growth as a Martial Artist. Becoming aware of all things that move is a brilliant journey to study. From the flight of birds to measuring the distance between steps people are making and taking. Awareness. It teaches you to look beyond the sentences people are sharing with you. What is or isn't actuality and how to listen to the curve of vocals to tell a lie from the truth. Awareness. But what happens when it snows in March? It pushes the senses further into the realm of deeper growth. Watching the trees hang their limbs to studying the constant trickle of snow becoming water. Awareness teaches us to realize there's a much bigger picture being painted then the discomforts of weather. My father used to yell at me, "How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?" One time I turned to him and said "But you didn't tell me not to do it. So I did." His reaction is still with me, "I should never have to say anything. You should always know I'm with you." Awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment