Friday, August 23, 2019

Written Reminded But Not Forgotten

Listen to "Written Reminded But Not Forgotten" on Spreaker. Being a creatively driven open hearted person puts my awareness on constant alert. And yet there are times that I feel like I've lost my insight. I once studied a book called The Blind Gorilla. The pages paint the stories of many who were in the same moment at the same time but the experience was totally different, What each person saw didn't always match the other stories. One featured event was about two police officers chasing a criminal that came face to face with a chain link fence. The events that unfolded from there is what created the chaos. The officer's stories didn't connect. No matter how hard each of them tried to picture the moment as it truly was. They weren't the same. Because I'm a daily writer I'm given the incredible opportunity to revisit experiences. Not because I live in the past. I grow from all things that have passed. On this podcast we go back to September 16, 2016. Almost three years ago. The writer was talking about how Elevation Church's Code Orange Revival was brilliantly designed to invite in what was required. Being on those pages made me question why I've not remembered it. It took a journey through daily writing to find myself back in one of the biggest moments of my life. Here's my Blind Gorilla. In this recording studio. In front of me everyday. The wristbands that were handed out during those ten days at the Code Orange Revival. They're right here! Yet this morning I started things off by being disappointed with myself for not always carrying with me the words that were brought forward from the experience. What about you? What's in those caverns and canals you've created that hold a sharper image and or answer to what's become your "Now"? Rather than searching through the daily arrival of a new sun. Maybe just maybe the avenues of peace could be sitting right there on an invisible page from a past day thought to be long gone and forgotten. Approach it not by a need to live in your past. Learn from all things passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment