Monday, August 19, 2019

Peanut Butter Coffee

Listen to "Peanut Butter Coffee" on Spreaker. No matter what. I write every morning before the sun rises. It's my daily discipline. Not because I want to do it. I have to do it. Every now and then there's an Easter Egg waiting for me. A surprise thought. An exciting idea that could easily grow into newer shapes of creative energy. I'd say in all things that I do it's either written about first in journals or it's broken down on the pages to better understand the mindset and where the next foot step will be placed. On this podcast I go back to September 2016 to one of those days where holding onto a writing instrument was the last thing I wanted to do. You still have to answer to the discipline. The moment you teach yourself how not being in the mood is an answer is when you'll start leaning on it once a month then weekly then daily. Even when you aren't in the know of how your mind body and soul will act or react to a moment of emptiness do it any ways. In martial arts we'd do one more push up or V sit up. We'd reach beyond what we think we know only to realize through choice we were able to grow. You're not designed to love all the things you do or want to do. Do you respect it? Do you allow what you do to have a voice and say? This is why I daily write. I want to have conversations with the inner core. It might see and feel things that you're ignoring because the outside shell is trying to live up to its image. And in those moments just release. Nobody has to understand it. That's what this day of writing was clearly geared for. None of it made sense. It wasn't supposed to. I still obeyed and heard the truer purpose and plan of the daily discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment