Friday, November 2, 2018

Let The Storm Be Your Strength

Listen to "Let That Storm Be Your Strength" on Spreaker. I talk a lot about being a very faithful daily writer. I'm also a note taker. When someone asks me a question I offer the best available answer in the moment. From that point I take the question to my daily writing. I want to learn from all things in the present. Normally my answers on paper would bore the hec out of the question maker. I break everything down. There's always a reason and purpose to each step. On this podcast I talk about the trips, stumbles and falls that are required in an everyday world and how each time we get extremely tired of picking our dreams and ambition back up. Learning from the questions people ask is a motivator, a reminder of who, what, where and when? I don't hide from the idea that my totem animal is an elephant. The memory of this mammal has made me stronger on this path made of choices. Taking notes leaves my imagination wide open to continue receiving. I don't get bogged down with a past that can never be changed. Learning to take other people's questions to a different place to properly answer is an incredible tool for your future self. No matter how hard you may have fallen and the boss keeps reminding you of how stupid it made him or her look. Learn from the storm. Let it pass through you. A snow storm in Montana may make it through the Carolinas. Guess what? The snow melts. The storm has passed. There's no need to be a lightning collector. Let the questions be heard on paper and let your answers be there as part of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment