Thursday, November 8, 2018

Caught Up In The Connection

Listen to "Caught Up In The Connection" on Spreaker. The last thing I want to do is sit inside this studio and point fingers at a past that can't be changed. Sadly, in order to bring light to the subject of codependency you've got to be transparent with where the seed was originally planted. I didn't come from a perfect family. My father took off at the age of three and my mother worked a lot of late night hours. Now toss in my best friend brother hating the world so bad that he felt a need to run away from home. Once dipped into a pair of teenager shoes and lifestyle, life presented me with someone willing to listen and dream with. Wow! Codependency totally took over my fears of losing everything including her. On this podcast I'm blunt. I open my heart to what it's like to beat the fear, shame, guilt and everything else you experience when alone. The words written were put down on paper over two years ago. Studying the mindset of the writer this many chapters out allows there to be no judgement but rather a celebration of discovery. I'm not alone when it comes to codependency. In looking back the enormous amount of hours I poured into my everyday world of radio was a huge sign of this mental sickness. Breaking free of it required no drugs or weekend shopping sprees at larger than life malls. I didn't have to pull in false friends and dream beyond my limits. I had to learn what emptiness truly was and is. Required wasn't a need to be filled but rather fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment