Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A Gulp Of God

Listen to "A Gulp Of God" on Spreaker. I must have known when I'd record this particular message that my energy level would be trashed out by too much to work without enough time to rest. The subject is about coffee and how we don't think twice about pouring the golden brew through our systems of choice. I love coffee. It's been a huge part of my nearly 40 years of radio. I'm not sure I would be where I presently sit without it. On this podcast I take the subject of coffee and replace it with God. For multiple many that's all they need to boost their day. I'm an honest believer and will tell you that even in prayer I need to be bumped up a few hundred notches on energy. It's not that I don't believe in the natural presence of a empowering word. I just happen to push my limits beyond expectation and when the day starts all over within the blink of a single eye... I've got to have a boost of something to get my focus on moving in forward motion. God provides a lot. That's pretty much what a Christian would say. What happens on those days when the Greater Power elects to challenge you to do it without beans from the ground and water to make it smooth? Openly I admit that even though I grew up in an atmosphere of God is the only way. Once I hit those teen years and all things that followed I became too confident with the messages and felt no need to keep being a student. That took a U turn twelve years ago when my heart had everything it needed in a world of success but as a person I was emptier than a desert floor with no soil to grow into a new tomorrow. All of these spiritual stories and studies and no knowledge of what to do with it. Oh I am not alone on this subject. I see those seats in the church on Sundays. People go to be lifted like taking in that cup of coffee. They are motivated and moved in the moment. Once away... ok lets get back to feeling like we've got a caffeine hangover. Which I feel in my heart is how people push God through their choices. You get to much of it and don't know how to feel. Rather than use the knowledge it just sits in the pit of your attitude. You'll never hear me tell you to join a church group or find a faith filled circle. That's a choice to build upon that platform. I'm the guy that will tell you to do what you feel is best with the information flowing in between your thoughts. Put it into action and reaction. Do it your way. But stay true to its presence and purpose of being alive in your moment. There are no rules that state that Christians can only hang with other believers. Nope... Do as you do and let what you've learned become street speak. Be you because through you without ever pressing the pages of the big book into the face of a non-believer you can still reach what you were called to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment