Friday, September 1, 2017

The Development Of A Blank

Listen to "The Development Of A Blank" on Spreaker. Short and simple. How would you finish this sentence? The development of a blank. The development of an idea? The development of success. The development of my new self. No day passes that we aren't invited back to those blank spots. To face them could mean change. Nobody likes that. Why should we? And yet we do a lot of complaining about how things are at work and home. We keep ourselves from growing forward by not facing those blank spaces. I once hung a sign above my studio door at the radio station that simply said, "Swish." It was a daily reminder of how my soul believed I had achieved the highest points and there would be no others. I used Michael Jordan's final NBA shot with the Chicago Bulls as a point of reference. That moment of victory was to be celebrated. But the heart needed to know that there would be no more. That was a total negative. But I needed a word for my blank space. Once I realized how incredibly bad that was for creative energy I switched the word to, "Delivery." The development of delivery. You were given a gift at birth. How are you delivering it? Are you delivering it? Have you filled your life with blank spaces and haven't the courage to reach beyond belief? That's not a negative. That's a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment