Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Art Of Listening

Listen to "The Art Of Listening" on Spreaker. The one thing I love about being a daily writer is having the opportunity to go back a few years and study the craft of humanism. At the end of 2015 I was deeply bothered by the number of FaceBook entries that spoke of their loneliness during the holiday. All of this communication we do on the social networks and I was reading about how hearts were being broken. Ya think? We've bumped into a wall of disconnection. Lost is the art of listening. Bosses are extremely guilty of the crime. Daily meetings aren't a connection. It's a command post. A Tweet with a face. Over a year has gone by and nothings changed. In fact we've dug ourselves deeper into a pit of he said she said. The foundation of communication has got to be reshaped. Face to face time without commanding people to do as you say. I've been back to many places I once called my creative home. To look into the eyes of those stuck feet first in their careers is extremely sad. I feel like I'm walking through a dog pound and I'm expected to adopt one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment