Thursday, July 25, 2019

An Ink Stain That Says I Was Here

Listen to "An Ink Stain That Says I Was Here" on Spreaker. I talk often about the strengths of being a daily writer. Not live in a past you can't change but to learn from so much change. Today it occurred to me that something was missing. The words are there. I can feel how hard the writer was pushing thoughts into the paper. Some days are brilliant displays of whoa I didn't know while others are weighed down by a heavy presence of God or the universe. Those are the ones I truly pay close attention to. Not to get all preachy on you but when do we talk most about the higher power? When we need him or her. On this particular day in September of 2016 the daily writer went all out religion as if to explain to himself by way of reminding. I had to go back and find out what day of the week the material was scratched out. If it was a Monday I'd get it because it's just particles left over from Sunday's church service. Nope! This was a Wednesday. The infamous mid-week crash. On this podcast we go into areas that bring forward everyday questions that sit inside of us until they become silent. We reach beyond what is and isn't and how assumption remains to be the disease that injures more people daily than busy freeways and hidden away drugs and other things of escape. If we could hear the voice of how we were thinking several chapters down the road, would we be better listeners knowing how we grew from the challenges and change?

No comments:

Post a Comment