Friday, August 24, 2018

Where Is Your Faith

Listen to "Where Is Your Faith" on Spreaker. I'm bothered by the title of this blog. What is faith in a society addicted to winging it? You only live once right? On my radio show today I did a break over an intro that questioned the title of The Talking Heads song Once In A Lifetime. I said it doesn't exist. In 2018 we will empty our bank accounts to make it twice in a lifetime. So says the man that's seen KISS nine times, Bruce Springsteen four times and The Eagles three times. Those are once in a lifetime performances designed to become part of your thread. As we weave ourselves through the adventures of life the notes taken pretty much become long gone thoughts. What we crossed during the storm is re-thought not written to better serve today. As a daily writer, I'm able to easily return to any day and year for the past 24. I'm amazed at how many thoughts tossed down on paper are physically speaking to my present day. On May 18, 2016 I asked the question, "Where is my faith?" Faith in what? Radio? God? Family? The price of rice? The writing didn't go any deeper. On this podcast I walk through the paragraphs leading to the questions and you'll see how writing, creating, posting thoughts on social media or hosting a physical conversation on the phone, we all face change. Not when fate's in the mood. It's every moment of every day. We aren't designed to agree with it. We never truly have the time to accept it. The American Dream isn't dead. We just keep changing our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment