Monday, August 13, 2018

I Don't Want To Find Out

Listen to "I Didn't Want To Find Out" on Spreaker. Does it happen in America? How and what you believe. Do potential employers look at public displays of religion and determine that you aren't part of their newly designed team? Do leaders that praise God at work judge what's been socially networked and feel your beliefs don't fit within their success? This is a very heavy subject to carry in any direction. I texted my preacher friend. Told him that I was going to start laying low on sharing how God moves through me. His replied, "Will you be happy?" I instantly told myself, "I don't want to find out." Does that make me weak or stronger because a step in either direction means confrontation. To stop talking about Christ is censuring myself from what's truly taking place. To mention I wouldn't be happy if I stopped forces the soul to ask more questions fed by rivers of doubt, shame and guilt. These are supposed to be the greatest times. There are more jobs then there are people! Can being a religious person keep you from being hired? Do employers feel if a person is public with their Holy Spirit beliefs it may put the company in a position of having to protect those who live life differently? Same goes with companies where every day begins with prayer. Do they read the notes posted and decide on the spot that a possible employee's studies aren't in tune with their way of raising hope and faith? Would you be happy if you laid back and spent less time showcasing positive experiences? I don't want to find out. I once applied for a radio job at a Christian station in Columbia, SC. They wouldn't return my calls. Not until I wrote a letter that asked which church they attend so I can become part of their circle of belief. I got the interview only to have the sales manager, program director and GM grill me at lunch about how I serve God. That's not the bad news. That came when we all had to get back in the same car and return to the radio station. It was a very quiet journey. Radio isn't the only worship driven business that puts God's plan first. If I got the interview would the end results be the same? I don't want to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment