Tuesday, April 18, 2017

I Want To Be a Secret Shopper

Listen to "Just Part Of The Group" on Spreaker. In every office or business I walk into the air holding up the atmosphere is instantly painted with a stale color of invisible moodiness. A program director once said to me "The future isn't one for the weak. A leader will have to be 95% psychologist 5% decision maker." Today's workplace claims to be a house of teamwork and spirit when in reality it's nothing more than three wobbly legs holding up everybody's excuses. Because I'm a note taker I hear things that business leaders think is a behind the scenes situation. I love sitting in a dentist office and patiently waiting for the drama. I grasp the moments when simple strolls through a grocery store expose who the true team leaders are and not the delegation pushers. The best employees aren't the listeners picking up where excuse creator Bobby left off. The best player is the one that looks at his teammate and says, "Get up and do it yourself." We've evolved into a world of victory collectors with only one person truly doing the work. Ouch but so true. Get up and do it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment