Friday, April 7, 2017

Earned Journey

Listen to "Earned Journey" on Spreaker. Paging through my daily writing. A jotting down of words connected to my present place of standing. Just over a year ago I chose to write about what people don't share about the journey toward getting old. It went side by side with an experience I had this past week at a retirement home. I asked about the residents watching ME TV which features a ton of old television programming. I was reminded that adults in their older years are trapped inside bodies that are breaking down and apart. But their imaginations and love for entertainment are with us every step of the present moment. My subject a year ago was to talk about what people don't share about getting older. As a writer in 2016 it deeply bothered me. Today I have a better answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment