Monday, December 2, 2019

What's The Why In Your Re-invention

Listen to "Whats The Why In Your Re-Invention" on Spreaker. What's in your present day why? That's a tough jaunt down an invisible trail of experiences. To come up with a why versus to physically know your why are two completely different answers. My why in 1975 as to why I was chasing a radio dream is nowhere near where my why is today. Experience does that. An ever changing atmosphere for other people shaping your expectations. Call it what it is. Your goals today are fed by pleasing those that drop a bunch of numbers into your bank account. Endlessly we re-invent our aspirations and dreams. Countless are the pits where we held ourselves accountable but must face what we see as failures in the mirror. What's in your present place of why? How do you fit yourself into what's taking place now? Are you still trying to tie the strings of a pair of shoes worn in 1985? I've stopped asking why and become focused on bringing the moment to life by understanding the presence of "Now." Someone asked me about what it's like to have been married to two different people. Did I still have feelings for the first? How can I? Those days are nearly three decades gone. Your job is no different. Oh my I hear a lot from people still holding onto grudges created during moments that felt out of place before it became 2000. It has nothing to do with your "Now" unless you're allowing what you can't change to be the decision maker. Being aware of who you are right now doesn't demand an answer to a hidden away why. Writing everyday puts the mind body and soul in the center of the journey. The dog destroyed your house. Materialistic. Rather than asking why put your focus on how you can grow from the unexpected silence. The other day we lost power at the movie theater. Every computer bit the big one. Guests were immediately upset because they couldn't get anything from concessions. A man said to me, "This is my child's first movie experience and you are wrecking it." Peacefully I invited him into the presence of "Now" I didn't judge his anger. I didn't measure his indifference with anyone else in a growing long line. We gave him free popcorn. I understood his why but it caused other people's why to become shaded with doubt. How could a power surge beyond our control totally rip apart their movie experience? I'm still not interested in the answer. It happened. Choosing peace over stress allowed the theater guests to enjoy mind blowing fresh free popcorn. What's in your why? Is it the answer you think it is? Too much energy is wasted on becoming what you assume should happen. Eat the popcorn and get back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment