Monday, June 10, 2019

Taking A Clear Walk

Listen to "Taking A Clear Walk" on Spreaker. My mother constantly reminded me as a child to stop keeping up with the Jones'. She felt too much time and money would be wasted trying to stay ahead of where I assumed other people were. Once we got there someone nearby would pass us by with even a greater plan. The digital age has totally taken advantage of this behavior. A friend or family member gets a new iPhone and the next thing you know you're out to make the playing field even. On this podcast we discuss the affects of what we are really doing to ourselves and how changing a few words in a day to day walk can invite peace rather than pieces. Being a daily writer I'm blessed with the opportunity to revisit thoughts and patters that turned into crazy or victory filled paths. Word choice has always been a major player on those pages. In looking back though, I'm realizing something different. Take the word Open. Preachers and teachers endlessly tell us to open our hearts or open our imaginations. Sounds like a brilliant plan until you realize the barn door isn't keeping out the cold. Dad used to shout at us all the time, "How many times do I have to tell you to close the door?" I wish he would've taught us to close our hearts. The weight of everybody's world sits in the core of your next decision. We spend boat loads of money trying to fix what we can't see or to mow over it with Red Bulls and fancy coffees. Nearly a year ago I stopped saying I have an Open heart. I began walking a Clear life. Being present in this moment of now knowing that nothings getting in. There's too much and it needs to be clear. Utilizing the strengths and gifts already shared without having to dump more expectations into an area of your life you'll never use again. The new term Up Skill is beginning to take over the world of business. In order to survive the ever changing forefront of business employees will need to Up Skill. Sounds like a brilliant plan but where are you going to put the information mentally and physically if you're already overtaken by guilt, shame, doubt and fear caused by the last change? I'm a freak on time management. I'm even a bigger freak on knowing where my head and heart are. Learning how to clear them both will prove to your system of choices how great of a leader you are. It will require time. There are so many levels of understanding and each is very truthful to whom you'll grow into. It's never too late to begin a clear walk. Trust it while growing forward and outward.

No comments:

Post a Comment