Wednesday, June 5, 2019

A Great Place To Belong

Listen to "A Great Place To Belong" on Spreaker. I spent some pretty incredible time with the members of the Las Vegas based band Bakers Dozen yesterday. A thought that stood out in the conversation was how they describe their journey through music, "You wear on your sleeve what you listen to everyday. Therefore our music is connected to all things played." Lets break this thought down. If we are present in our place of now and it's what we've been listening to, how does your day react to the expected constant change? On this podcast I go back nearly three years and study the words of my daily writing. I ask my present place in the now if I was talking myself into being positive or was I actually living it? Being aware of where you presently stand doesn't require a map. You need to be present in what your heart and head are endlessly delivering. No day passes that I don't cross paths with another hard working deeply dedicated person that likes their job. I am convinced that hating politics is nothing compared to how the average everyday person deals with their 8 plus hours of workday expectation. A very close person said to me the other day, "Be grateful that you aren't in corporate radio anymore. The art is gone. The purpose is stale." My mother would look at this statement and clearly reply, "Every job in America goes through this. Stop thinking that your career is different than any other." You wear on your sleeve what you listen to everyday. In August of 2016 the words I put down on paper were extremely positive. Nearly three years later I question the writing behavior. Was I talking myself into a good day or was I activating what was already positive? Tich Nhat Hann teaches a very valuable lesson. If you want peace. You have to walk in peace. All things must be mindfully peace filled. You can't be choosy. Being aware of the moments being played out in 2016 allowed me to make a choice in the presence of now. Be positive or be negative. If positive is where I want to place my decisions and steps. All things, including my writing need to be positive. Its a journey. An extremely long walk but mind blowing when you arrive. Getting there requires a choice. Then you have to activate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment