Friday, May 4, 2018

Why Your Dreams Aren't Moving Through

Listen to "Why Your Dreams Aren't Coming Through" on Spreaker. I never plan for this. If I did it wouldn't be real. I step into this beautiful studio overlooking an incredible forest each morning and pick up a book of my daily writing. I'm locked and lost somewhere at the tail end of April 2016. Why do I do this? Because through each of our daily walks there are hordes of lessons shared and rarely do we locate the time to jot down notes. Even as that daily writer I miss so much. I feel it moving through the tip of my writing instrument but I'm so busy trying to make other people happy that the plan and purpose of where we're supposed to be on the bigger map sits in a RV park located on the corner of Walk and Don't Walk. While studying the pen scratches and stumbles of a wandering thinker the elements presented during those late moments of April 2016 unveiled a very important feature in the story of why our dreams aren't coming through. Not true. I physically said through. It's the junk we're collecting. We purchase so much stuff that it's stuffing our reasons to want to realize the importance of our being. Most of us are working to pay for the stuff that we no longer use. Here's a deeper truth. I've been daily writing since July 1994. I still have poetry written in the 5th grade. It goes even further. I still have my first spelling test book from the first grade. Hording right? To you yes. To me? I'm holding onto the birth of my writing and how I write. The importance of what we hold onto is what keeps us from growing. When I walk into an office operated by a strong GM or decision maker and I see the walls lined up with plaques and trophies I laugh. I honestly want to ask, "But who are you today?" Why aren't your dreams moving through you? How can we activate them into becoming part of your new found victory? Until I learn to open the vaults that hold my daily writing and I begin to throw it away, I honestly have no answer except to say "Eat more ice cream."

No comments:

Post a Comment