Friday, May 18, 2018

Where Is Your Wisdom

Listen to "Where Is Our Wisdom" on Spreaker. I can still hear my father's voice questioning each teenage decisions,"What were you thinking? Where is your wisdom?" Being the black sheep of the family or middle child didn't gift my path with special permissions, I broke away from family traditions to locate newer areas of what my father was speaking of. I was in search of wisdom! He just didn't recognize it as such. Today, the vast arrival of so many new laws and legalization of plants, gambling and other things. I feel like my father "Where is our wisdom?" No really! What happens to it after we've learned from it and lived off it? We have to de-frag our computers why not the human thought process? During a lecture the other day a guest pointed out the importance of endlessly showing films about WWII on The History Channel. He clearly pointed out how we forget way too easily only to be reminded of hazards when it's too late. I'm so guilty of that! I know the water on the stove is hot and I still put my finger in it. Life in rewind while moving in forward motion seems like a waste of time. But how do you get past the idea that what you're going to be taught today will fall short in the years ahead. You have to practice wisdom everyday. You have to teach as much as take in. You are required to participate with the craftsmanship of wisdom by building upon its amplitude of existence. Too much work right? If you could locate that cavern where all your wisdom is stored would you be able to recognize it? Or would it be like an old radio station studio still featuring CD players, cart machines and bulk erasers with a power cord that stretches over a two track reel to reel recorder? None of that equipment is used today. It's in the way of modern technology. Reaching goals and destinations require less work. Is that how you treat your wisdom as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment