Monday, March 12, 2018

Passion

Listen to "Passion" on Spreaker. I love talking to preachers. Mainly because they aren't afraid of being mentally challenged by the questions and thoughts of a wandering daily writer. I asked Casey Crimmons last week how he knew in his heart that it was time to plant a new church in Charlotte. It was a one word answer,"Passion." Hold it! Stop right there. Thirty nine years of radio and every program director I've been blessed to learn from and be led by has accused me of being too passionate about what I bring to the broadcasting table. I had an OM that ordered me to stop being so caring. Why would a preacher tell me the exact opposite? He took on my furthering questions with a greater purpose. I told him of my dates with being passion driven. He asked, "Do you believe you were changing peoples lives?" Absolutely! In the days that followed my heart wouldn't let any of this go. I didn't stand back and measure other people's passion or lack of. I chose to put focus on what I needed to do with the fuel in my soul. Was I delivering what God wants me to bring forward or was it ego keeping things alive in a very plastic world? That's a very tough question to answer because how do you know where God stands in the way you bring what you have passion for to the plan and purpose? It goes back to what Casey asked "Do you believe you're changing people's lives?" That's how I think while producing commercials for clients! The way it's written to the vocals then in production, have I created a product that will in fact change a persons life? Buying a car to a sofa is life changing. Not many believe that but it does make things better if you're planting your seat on a beat up cushion. I challenge you to look deeper into what you have named your passion. Does it change other people's lives or serve you?

No comments:

Post a Comment