Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Masks

Listen to "Masks" on Spreaker. Do we truly know our identity in the mirror? I can explain this. No day or moment passes that we aren't giving ourselves permission to put on a mask. I even heard Pamela Anderson speak of it. Howard Stern asked how she dressed while meeting global leaders about saving seals. Did she dress in the clothing that so many of us know her as. She told him its only a way through the door. Once inside they see who she truly is. Masks. Do you know the identity of who you are going to become in the next ten minutes compared to the person you were this time last year? How often do you let your mask control the mindset and next decision? I talk with so many people that believe so much in their mask that every move made is to support it's presence without having to settle on what's more important. Removing the mask is horribly difficult. Letting people see your truer identity swipes from what you're posting on the social networks. There are times a friend will post something and a year later I'll locate it. While questioning the friend they'll laugh off the moment as being something felt months ago and all things have changed. Which is kind of weird because when the streams of an everyday world become dry social media determines the time it reaches those that could've helped? Who are you in this moment? Are you wearing a mask? I am! This is my writing mask turned broadcaster. It's my loving caring mask. It's not who I'll be in ten minutes. I can openly admit it. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment