Friday, December 1, 2017

Once Upon A Time

Listen to "Once Upon A Time" on Spreaker. When people hear that you are a daily writer they tend to believe you use it as prayer or you're connected to universal languages that lead to brilliant moments of pen meeting paper. I write every morning at 5:30. That's been my discipline since July 1994. I have more moments of walls meeting mountains then physical acts of victory. What I won't do is stop myself from writing. If the writer wants to be a butt I allow him to have that voice on the page. I sat with a U.S. soldier this past week and he openly admitted that he's having a tough time becoming a civilian again. We talked about writing. He says he tries but he gets bored. I asked him if he's ever interviewed himself. Don't go into the writing knowing the answers. Ask a question then answer it without being a perfectionist or that you have to be Godly and heal the world. Answer the question. Then let the interviewer locate another question from your answer. I believe in my soul all of these incredible conversations with people of fame I'm blessed with are part of the process of me asking myself questions when all of this began in July of 1994. Amazing things happen to your mind body and soul when you let your inner self have a voice in your giant human world.

No comments:

Post a Comment