Monday, December 18, 2017

In Between

Listen to "In Between" on Spreaker. I hear it all the time, "Nobody supports my ideas or decisions. I feel alone." Or how about this one, "People are always attacking me." During uncomfortable situations like this, it's always best that we take ten steps back and become aware of the process that led to the moment. I've yet to meet the person that doesn't like to hit life's everyday road and make it all their own. Yeah I get it team work and collaboration are the best highway. On the workplace front yes. But where the buddy buddy system fails are in lanes of driving home, sitting on the sofa without the TV on or trying to get sleep at night. I get it! The give and take policy that drives business up. But the taking part still generates a huge amount of silence. The plastic smiles we wear while building systems of victory are nice and polished. But once free of the design, the inner voice of each player grabs onto your heart tightly. You can deny it. Voices in the head are for crazy people. How do you put a buffer between the itty bitty indifference that's ripping your soul to shreds at night? Do you have to look eye to eye with the beast? Nope...

No comments:

Post a Comment