Monday, November 20, 2017

Ask Questions

Listen to "Ask Questions" on Spreaker. I am firmly convinced that we are the generation that's forgotten how to ask the "Right" question. We have Google, Bing and Yahoo! Not a good enough answer. No website has the ability to showcase the value of experience versus information. I am blessed with the opportunity to speak in front of many many people. In the opening of the conversation I always invite the passerby's to ask me three top of the mind questions. Not because I'm conceited or feel my time is more valuable. I'm trying to train people how to get back to asking questions. Bosses tell us what to do and how to do it. Followed by invisible angst. They know you're upset with the multi tasking but they don't care. Ask questions. Showcase your concern. Be alive in the moment and stop being a human robot! No boss holds their position without asking questions about the level of play they're expected to maintain. Nowhere is it written that once you get to that decision making position that you have the right to never answer questions. Being transparent is the fad word. But very few people in control actually live it. Start asking questions. I truly don't care if it makes them uncomfortable. They've got knowledge and the experience and it's your goal to gain access to it. Taking what you know and making it greater is the gift. If you don't ask questions there can be no growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment