Friday, September 3, 2021

No Room

Listen to "No Room" on Spreaker. September 3, 2021 I think it’s funny. I ended my morning prayer. Pulled up my email and took note of a local church looking for a content manager. I chuckled. I knew in that moment that I don’t fit the look. Musicians move through the same experience. You have to look a certain way or go away. I’m not being a judger! I’ve applied for many positions at churches and having a love for Christ doesn’t come close to what they’re looking for. What I loved about this email was they called the position a member of our business. Wow! That’s new! I want to be interviewed by this group just to see how the evolution of church and business has become the everyday process. Somewhere along the lines of conversation I bomb at my church interviews. Is it my long hair? Is it the lack of holes in my jeans? I am for all people. Maybe that’s what gets in the way, “Son it’s about a collected people and we already have a front man.” The church needs a content manager. They have nine hours a week available. I create content. I make conversations move forward. Nine hours? I’ve spent forty two years in radio trying to get what I do inside a bottle designed for maybe fifteen hours. Listen, the funny part is how from out of nowhere this email appeared. It happened to make it to me the very second I came out of prayer. Was it God or the other side of the fence pretty much saying, “You’re still a loser!” Not a negative! Awareness is everything. Being called a loser is still the upper hand. They noticed me. It’s still God working next to you. If God wants you in a church it isn’t going to require a resume. You’ll be there because the command and calling were too much to set aside. Be present in your moment. Be alive in the spirit of others. Be you. Having a half shaved head with an untucked shirt with faded jeans doesn’t mean anything but the keeper of clothing that my father would’ve been disturbed by, “Hey! I bust my butt at that job for you not to look that way!” Thanks Dad for still living inside my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment