Friday, April 10, 2020

Thank You

Listen to "Thank You" on Spreaker. Can I say happy Good Friday or will it end up being a trip to the Linkdin HR department? We're nearly five weeks into isolation so I don't care. Happy Good Friday! Yeah the day Jesus died. If any of us would've been there not one person would've believed on this Friday what was going to happen in the days ahead. Which is how I look at this entire Coronavirus situation. What's in front of us? Evidence of restlessness from the masses is starting to show up on social media. It's gonna get worse. On this podcast I jump into the mess and try to find light in the center of a horrid rain storm that came from out of nowhere. I talk about the days when we had electric typewriters in the radio station. No computers. I will never forget when the internet was hooked up in our studio. I didn't have to buy another USA Today or Charlotte Observer. Sorry guys. What about the fax machine? Radio stations loved tapping into businesses to give them free lunch and things. That's how I look at the Coronavirus stoppage. Something is going to come out of this. It may not be on this Good Friday but a different type of Easter is on the way. Something is going to rise and from it people will be led to a better place. Oh wait. HR just sent me an email. I'm walking to close to losing my job. Really? It was announced today that 17 million Americans currently don't have a job. 17 million! Chew on that chunk of fat for awhile. When you are allowed to go back what will you be walking into? Have you reached out to your old boss just to see how they're doing? You need to. Just because. The new normal changes everyday. I sit in this recording studio for nearly 14 hours everyday. I show up because on the other side of this Good Friday is Easter. We have to be ready. Put structure back in your life. Get dressed. Floss your teeth. Belong to something even though we're in isolation. When we go back the demand is going to be far worse then your final week. Be ready mentally and physically. Have I thanked you yet. Hi I'm Arroe. I show up here every day knowing you might. Thank you for taking the time to just say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment