Friday, October 11, 2019

I'm Not A Sales Person

Listen to "I'm Not A Sales Person" on Spreaker. Being a daily writer for twenty five years has taught me how to trust beyond the moment of putting words into place. I see words like I see the required belts in martial arts. You don't wake up on any given Sunday a black belt or greater. It's a journey that requires discipline and structure. You need to make mistakes. You need to learn forgiveness. In martial arts we endless trained on falling. Forward, sideways, on our backs and more. Falling happens in the everyday world. Have you learned how to do it without injury? That's what I see daily writing as. I fall into the blank white pages every morning at 4:30. On this podcast we leap back three years to October 6, 2016. The writer/author was extremely religious. It was a Thursday so I can't attach it to a Sunday sermon. In the art of falling I'd say he was using the positive influence of a higher energy to help free him from a storm. The writer never exposes the reason for the mindset only that it's what was moving through him in the moment. Learning to identify your mind guard should be a daily awareness. Who and what do you surround yourself with that's dedicated their purpose and plan to protect your fall? Being truthful and transparent to yourself without judgement is a beautiful first step. It's when you rely on other people to protect you that time in its own way will create the invisible crack leading to the valley floor. It starts with self. Build your empire by creating words that become sentences which develop paragraphs. We all have stories. How do you bring yours to the surface? The journey requires falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment