Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Glory Is In The Activation

Listen to "Glory Is In Activation" on Spreaker. The power of positive thinking. It's a total waste of time if you aren't activating its purpose. If you were to open my Kindle you'd be sickened by the number of motivational, inspirational and religious authors that are stacked within the digital imprint. I love getting charged up by the challenges and changes of those that have lived the horridly dark times and figured out a way to teach a better tomorrow. I don't study one author. I utilize the willing strength of others to push away the walls and valleys we all face. On this podcast we dive face first into this thing I've labeled Hidden Speak. We all know that person and have been that person that relies on the power of speaking with a positive tone but feel like total trash on the inside. Positive thinking is activation. Hidden Speak is faking your way through a conversation. My weakness in building strong relationships is knowing that I'm going to call you out. Business leaders to preachers know when we meet the focus is always going to be on the way they speak. Listening beyond sound. I was recently invited to participate with a job interview where at the end they did the typical, "Do you have any questions for me?" I actually started to laugh. Not because it was funny but because they were hiding behind the way they speak. They weren't truly interested in my questions. It's the way you get out of a conversation. That's the toughest thing in the book for me. I'm blessed with the opportunity to talk with a lot of people of fame. I'm given only so many minutes then I have to bust free. I've never figured out a good way to say, "Hey I've got to go." My radio crutch is, "You've got to come back. You've always got a backstage pass. Be brilliant." Hidden speak right? I'm not sure that's true. My activation of the thoughts keeps it true to my path and identity. If the person with the job was truly interested in questions that I may have had about their business the question would've shown up much earlier in the building of the relationship. I did have a question when it became part of the way to get out of the conversation. I confidently asked, "How can I serve you? What are your needs so that we can create a successful plan and path?" The HR person came back with, "We'll let you know if you make it to the next level of hiring." Hidden Speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment