Tuesday, September 4, 2018

The Narrator

Listen to "The Narrator" on Spreaker. The majority of us struggle with sleepless nights. It seems too easy to pop a pill and it's an automatic six to eight hours. It's not falling a sleep that I have a problem with. It's staying a sleep. Not an adult problem. A lifelong issue. I got into radio because of the enormous amount of hours I spent slowly scanning that AM radio dial searching for out of town towers in huge cities across the nation. I was inspired by the Pied Pipers of late night broadcasting. Now I'm tired of wanting to be awake at night. Mainly because it's colliding with my real passion which is waking up at 4:30 am to get the day started. Over the past six months I've put a lot of love and attention into Yoga Nidra. It's the art of releasing energy without going all out crazy. It's a method of relaxation that requires you or someone next to you to peacefully speak the journey of letting go. Now go a little deeper. Relax. Honestly, it's been a brilliant tool! Until recently when I took note of the number of times I was still waking up. The sleep or rest is beyond explanation but it doesn't last long. The narrator has become judgmental "Oh this isn't a good vision or dream. Time to leave." It has the strength to invite me into moments of rest as well as pull me out. In doing research I've located nothing about how to get control of the narrators at night. It's not necessarily the typical voices we hear in our heads but a trusting narrator that thinks its got your back. Getting by the narrator has been a struggle in that you don't want to brush away something that's been working. Learning to be aware of what is your narrator and asking in peace that it leave your present place of resting does calm down the judgement. Yes, Yoga Nidra dreams or visions are very powerful. The narrator does act like a rope to pull you free from something that feels so real. It shouldn't control the atmosphere of rest. It's the little things like this the big books of Yoga never put focus on. Learning as you grow should always be your purpose of progress. Mindfully we are grateful of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment