Monday, September 24, 2018

His Place And Space

Listen to "His Place And Space" on Spreaker. How did we arrive in this place where your space means nothing to other people? I don't remember my father speaking of co-workers or passerby's disrespecting his process of delivery. He always told me to do the job then go home. This is a tough blog to write because it's not a negative but rather an open door for all levels of respect by way of taking note of the space taken. Authority is an earned honor. In martial arts we bow to our Master to showcase respect. The workplace is no different. Always respect. On this podcast I share the story of a preacher laying his Bible on my computer keyboard. The very board that was controlling the music playing through fairly large speakers. Very politely I asked that he move the great book because I feared the Devil was about to break out and the cause would create an effect. I lifted the book three times and each time he placed it back on the computer keyboard. I finally removed the book and placed it on a table behind me. How dare I right? I mean it was the big book! Instantly I began to think about the preachers pulpit. If I had walked up those stairs to his area of worship and placed a Pepsi can near his message how would he have reacted? Not once but three times. We've become a really oddly shaped nation of doers. It's getting tougher to locate people that respect not only your space but time. Developing a great relationship and working environment needs to be fed by a river of openness. I believe the preacher should've asked "May I place this on your computer keyboard?" I would've suggested that it's not a good place because you know how computers act and react when too many keys are forced inward. The lesson learned is more about the awareness of how higher level people still don't see themselves as us. The only way to grow from this is to know through our changes that we don't evolve into them. Be in your moment while being respectful of all levels of people and challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment