Friday, January 21, 2022

How You Did

Listen to "How You Did" on Spreaker. January 21, 2022 Heavy subject today. It’ll probably push 98% of you away. But it needs to be talked about. Julia Cameron’s new book Seeking Wisdom. In the opening chapter she invites readers to turn God into the way they want to see God. Love it! Or is that a judgement? Whatever it takes to help warm a chilly heart. Julia uses Adam and Eve as an example. I know in my childhood of eight years and younger that story was used by preachers to scare me into horrid nightmares. Yet, we truly didn’t see the other side of the love story. The opening of the eyes to a universal display of God art. The way Julia Cameron explains it is exactly how I discovered this author and teacher in July of 1994. I was living a hardcore very strict life of art with no room for viewing other methods of outreach. Once I began to study the wisdom inside The Artist’s Way the forbidden apple served more as an invitation to explore. Back to the original thought. Julia creates a path for you to see God as you want to see God. The creative spirit that drives me has stepped back to welcome not only your God but your neighbors, school teachers, Mayors, Governors and all others. Now we have a multi layered universe of God’s like Marvel and DC Comics. No judgement. Teach me your path. I’m always the listener first. A good friend sent a text yesterday, “Does suicide keep you out of Heaven?” My reply, “Ask the keeper of your Heaven. Hear what you want to know.” Maybe on a personal level you’re stumbling and can’t locate the proper puppet strings to get beyond this thing called the New Normal. I totally get it. Getting professional help these days is like scoring a chicken sandwich at Chic Fil-A. You’re gonna wait in a very very long line. Don’t stop reaching for professional listeners. They’re there! And so is the G guy which according to Julia Cameron will be in whatever shape you wish to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment