Monday, May 18, 2020

Living With Uncertainty

Listen to "Living With Uncertainty" on Spreaker. Only because I love to play with words. I like to reach beyond how a word is being used in the everyday common speak. Yesterday while daily writing I felt a huge urge to put focus on an overused word. Uncertainty. Every commercial on the radio and television. Every newscast, "During these uncertain times. The reaction to Wall Street is creating more uncertainty." I get it! But its not a new word. On this podcast I talk about how doing research of the word's definition actually spun me around and totally flipped over my vehicle of mental travel. I literally asked in prayer "How can we be uncertain Lord if we are with you?" That's all it took to hoist my ambition to research the use of words. Dictionary.com clearly states that uncertainty is the state of being uncertain. Limited knowledge. The impossible act of not knowing how to describe an existing state. I read it over and over and still asked, "How Lord can we be uncertain if we have you?" Then I felt something in my heart. How do you feel about me? Stop! Hold it! Take out Coronavirus Covid-19. Replace them with God, the universe or whatever you believe. Put it out there. Now repeat the definition of uncertainty. The state of being uncertain. Limited knowledge. The impossible act of not knowing how to describe an existing state. All of a sudden the root sat above the dirt on the soil quickly being dried by the sun. With so much uncertainty in the language we speak what if the true source isn't the virus but something else? God, the universe or whatever you believe. Maybe that's how we truly begin to grow forward away from this current design of a world we didn't ask for. Know of what you are uncertain of and learn about it. Activate it. Be accountable for what you are, what you trust, have compassion for and want to build, rebuild and lead. Uncertainty or certainty. The choice needs an identity and its going to require you to gut check your skills, gifts, blessings or whatever you believe. If you are feeling uncertain make it a vision quest to pinpoint where you really are weak. Then lets grow forward and out. Walk in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment