Friday, November 1, 2019

Take It To God

Listen to "Take It To God" on Spreaker. I'm interviewed a lot. Maybe it's because I'm not afraid to talk. It could be because I believe sharing your story will always help others achieve their personal days of victory. In October of 2016 I faced an interviewer that put their focus on how I go back eighteen years and create podcasts from the daily writing. I didn't want to come across as I was defending myself. I do believe that each of us are students in the present. Some people take notes while others walk through life living in the moment. There's nothing wrong with that. I happen to document a lot of stuff and keep it protected for future use. The interviewer wanted to know what I might have been thinking about in 1998 that would have some sort of impact on someone in 2016. First... For me to know off the top of my head what I was thinking about in 1998 is insanity. Second... It's 2019! Pushing the clock back to this interview to remember this conversation took place is a date with disaster. I write so that one day we can all right. Do you know what I mean? We've got a lot of wrong turns on this journey. A huge pile of wrongs. I'm inspired by writers and leaders that sift through their personal experiences to help someone locate what's right. Being open with creativity is a very dark place for people. Most comics, songwriters, authors and actors don't like to reenter that storm. Creative success has this identity of always being connected to troubled times. I happen to go back into my trash and pull from it to help others growing like weeds within the realms of modern broadcasting. I step back to listen to what the writer was trying to say and then see how the path actually grew. There are days I don't want to air my dumps and stumbles. That's when I will walk into the bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror and say, "You made a promise to a higher power in 2012 to be real and transparent. It might be a tough subject for you to deal with right now but the message always has the ability to reach someone that needs to know a better way." What do you do on a daily basis that has the strength to reach people long after you've forgotten it? Document it sometime. The map becomes much clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment