Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Utilizing What You Believe

Listen to "Utilizing What We Believe" on Spreaker. Being a daily writer invites me to also be a daily listener. I love sitting in open spaces paying close attention to how people share their methods of conversation. Sure its the radio guy in me looking for newer ways to communicate without having to rely on too many words or overused methods of inflection. In these moments of listening as well as writing the one thing heard the most is how people tend to say, "Well I believe." Which is nothing more than what we in radio call a crutch. "Well I believe." You believe what? How to make it easier for people to wake up early in the morning and arrive at work on time? Learning how to utilize the energy of what you believe opens the path for you to grow in newer directions? I'm not saying to go out and take on your boss's method of discovery or to mishandle a family relationship. The invitation is to study what it is that you believe and allow it to be an action more than a verbal reaction. We all have beliefs but very few of us physically put fuel in them then take it for a test ride. Preachers do all they can to share what they believe only to see their circles drop Jesus off at the front door. That's not supposed to be how it works but unless we are challenged to activate the notes jotted down, the weekly lesson becomes part of the noise. Well what I believe. Oh boy here we go. See we're all guilty! What I believe is that we spend way too much time measuring. We do a lot of comparing only to be hit in the heart with self judgement because most of us can't live up to our own expectations. Your boss isn't the jerk. The actuality of your accountability is a measurement and with each passing day the further you are from attaining your goal, decisions are constructed by what you say you believe without truly activating the physical belief. I write every day. Been doing it since July 1994. I believe writing is a physical as well as mental discipline that utilizes the energy of what we believe. It doesn't give me permission to preach it but I'm willing in the way of teaching it. What do you truly believe? Stop just saying it. Share it through methods of planting seeds in the center of a field and watching it produce fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment