Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Think Write Deliver

Listen to "Think Write Deliver" on Spreaker. My father always asked me, "What were you thinking before you pulled off this bird brain stunt?" I'd start to explain only to be interrupted, "You don't have a real answer or you would've thought this out. Now you have to face the consequences." The problem with his second comment is that I did know what I was doing. I've always been a thinker, writer and deliverer. Even today after placing thought into the daily writing I'll try to activate what the imagination has put in front of me. If what you think sits in the afterthought isn't that wasting your time? The minutes and seconds required to formulate a thought. You're not getting it back. On this podcast I talk about how we should learn to check in with our writing selves. You don't have to be a daily writer to participate. But it would be nice for you to tap into the inner self that loves to post a ton of things on social media or invest a tremendous amount of time and energy is chumming it up with friends and family. In all things you do the first step or movement is always a thought. While reading from November 24, 2016 I turned to page three. To my shock a perfectly shaped dried leaf was waiting for me. That self putting ink into the veins of the page nearly four years ago was kind enough to send a leaf forward. What was I thinking right? For a brief moment today I wasn't thinking about the Presidential Elections, Coronavirus, Stock Market or when am I going to eat breakfast. I mean I've been in this recording studio since 5:30 this morning and its ten before eight. Becoming aware of what you think and how you think puts you in the presence of now. Knowing how you'll write it prepares you for how its going to be delivered. I know way too many people including myself that weren't thinking before shooting out an email or text. I've ripped down several Facebook posts because even though the thought seemed right it truly shouldn't have made its way into the light. Maybe the title should be Think Write Think Correct Think Deliver. Then again, aren't those the opening steps of being a perfectionist? Once inside that realm procrastination is given permission to belong to the moment. I was listening to a podcast with Kesha yesterday where she confessed to how difficult it is for her to be herself. One bad word and you're cancelled. Were you truly Ghosted by those once close? What did you write after little time was spent thinking? Look at Chris Matthews from Hard Ball! He recently retired because a few words he shared were no longer acceptable in today's news and business world. He didn't seem ill. He very professionally said that today's new leaders have a better feel of what a greater environment at work could feel like if we corrected the way we talked with others. Think Write Deliver...

No comments:

Post a Comment