Friday, March 6, 2020

Hey The Other Day

Listen to "Hey The Other Day" on Spreaker. This is a tough one to talk about. My Mother would call this, "The stuff people shouldn't talk about." Yet in this age of more openness and growth it actually might be content enough to generate a connection because it was talked about. I'm a daily writer. 26 years... In the early days it was about freeing the mind body and soul. To rid the system of the weight caused by the everyday. Cuz that's what Julia Cameron said in The Artist Way. Write three pages daily. Put it out there because you don't need to carry it. It became a way of life. She and I have talked about it. We laughed and drew each other into even deeper subjects to talk about. What isn't really talked about is how important writing should be for everybody. It's the dot on the map. You think age makes us remember less? Thank God my memory is still intact but through writing I keep coming across stuff I totally forgot about. It stunts me. I sit down to catch my breath. The ego immediately begins to measure how many miles it is from the moment and or season experienced. Reading about it will it invite it back to this day? That's a choice. On this podcast I read from November 26 2016. From where I presently stand on March 6, 2020 I see the current position but ultimately I can't admit to how I got here. Neither can you. You are here. You know of the different layers and mile makers but due to a complicated world a lot of baby steps have been lost. That's why I daily write. Not because I knew it would lead to this. I was just trying to mentally dump the junk. Only to learn that the future person would wander through the pages and see the baby steps. One at a time. Some forward. Many in every direction but where the origin of the dream was trying to head. But we are here. Ten years from now we might come across this post and think about how and when did all of this suddenly disappear. Don't daily write to brag about life or to try and figure things out. Paint the walls of the page with whatever you feel in the moment. Free form thinking. Then one day you'll look back and take note of the baby steps. Yeah the baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment